Monday, May 3, 2010

Just a lady trying to put good food on the table...


I am so excited to get this blog started! First off I am Chaeli, a little about me: I am a stay at home mommy and wifey :) I love my job & my life (most days) ;) In 2005 I married my hubby, Manuel. Growing up my mom cooked 3-4 of the same meals and lots of hamburger helper so I knew nothing about cooking which led to Manuel & I doing lots of drive thru and mac n cheese dinners! The one time he attempted to cook some mac n cheese it started a fire, my first attempt at cooking was lasagna. Oh I wish I knew where that photo was. It was bad! Burnt, rubbery, blahhhh. The first two years of our marriage I cooked a lot of box and frozen food. Yuck. Then in 2007 we bought our first home I tore up the kitchen and made it mine. I was determined to learn how to cook good food. While pregnant I spend a lot of time on the couch I fell in love with Rachel Ray. I watched her day time show everyday. I love her style of cooking! I have to say that she is the reason I got interested in making cooking a fun experience rather than dreading it everyday. In September 2008 I had my baby girl Presley, the love of my life. She inspires me to cook healthy food and I can't wait to teach her how to cook.

I am by no means a chef or even a cook. Just a lady trying to put good food on the table! I looked into culinary school, but it was way too much money and the opposite hours I wanted. Writing isn't my forte either, lol, so excuse my many misspellings and grammar errors.

We hope to bring many tasty recipes your way! Happy cooking,
Chaeli

No comments:

Post a Comment