Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mexican stuffed shells

My husband and I both love Mexican food- the hotter the better. But this one is safe for children ;) It’s mild, delicious, inexpensive and quick!

Serves 8
24 un cooked jumbo pasta shells
1 lb. ground beef
2 cups of salsa ( I use pace picante mild)
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 c. frozen corn
½ c. canned black beans, rinsed and drained ( I used the whole can)
1 c. shredded Mexican cheese
Toppings: Sour cream
Salsa
Sliced or chopped olives
Green onions

1 Cook pasta shells according to package directions; drain & let cool.
2 In a large skillet cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in salsa, tomato sauce, corn and beans. Spoon into pasta shells.

3 Place in baking dish ( I needed 2). Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350 for 20-30 mins or until heated through. Top with sour cream, salsa, olives and onions.
Happy cooking,
Chaeli

No comments:

Post a Comment