Saturday, January 22, 2011

Tortellini Florentine Soup *FAVORITE SOUP TO DATE*

Tortellini Florentine Soup
This soup is melt in your mouth AMAZING! I promise you will not be disappointed! Not only is it delicious but you will only dirty one pan & it’s lightning fast!
I came home from a long day of school, to a toddler who hadn’t had a good nap. I decided to swing by the store and just grab a to-go chicken (the rotisserie kind) and a loaf of French bread. Perfect meal for a long day. When I got home it didn’t look as appealing as it did at the store so I threw together some ingredients and made my favorite soup to date! The spinach would add a great touch for nutrients and color, I just didn’t have those things on mind that evening at the store. Happy cooking, Chaeli

-286 calories per serving (w/o bread)

1 9 ounce pkg refrigerated 3 cheese tortellini
2 14 ounce cans reduced sodium chicken broth
1 10 ounce container refrigerated light alfredo pasta sauce
2 cups shredded deli roasted chicken ( I used one of the already cooked warm rotisserie chickens)
½ cup oil- packed tomato strips, drained (don’t skip this part!)
3 cups fresh baby spinach (you could use frozen, I prefer fresh)
Sprinkle of pepper jack, or a cheese you prefer over each bowl of soup
Directions:,
1 In a large pot/pan cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2 In the same pot combine broth and Alfredo sauce. Stir in chicken and tomato strips. Heat just to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered for 5 mins.
3 Add cooked tortellini and spinach to chicken mixture. Cook for 1-2 mins to heat through and wilt spinach. Sprinkle with your choice and amount of cheese that pleases you  Enjoy!


Makes 6 servings
*sorry about lack of pics, I didn't plan on blogging this one but it turned out so great I had too!

1 comment:

  1. Can you come to my house and make me dinner? ;) Gosh, your posts make my mouth water

    ReplyDelete