Monday, January 17, 2011

Omelet of Champions

To start off I must show you how I am blogging today  My little wanted a bath, I wanted to blog. Compromise!


So today starts my “diet”, I hate that word. I am attempting a life style change. They say it takes 3 weeks to break a habit right? We will see. I am keeping my calorie intake under 1400 a day and exercising about 40 mins a day. This is a food blog… so I won’t get into details but now you know why you may be seeing some healthier meals.
Today I started my morning with a omelet. This is my first time making a omelet, crazy, I know! I was successful, obviously or I wouldn’t be posting pictures. It was always a good day growing up when my dad made us omelets on the weekend  I needed to start this life style change with a good day.
I would not recommend this for a rushed morning. It took about 30 mins total, with chopping and all. Next time I think I will prepare the chopping the night before, since I am not a morning person. Happy cooking, Chaeli

Omelet of Champions
Serves 1
4 tbsp chopped broccoli
2 tbsp chopped onion
2 tbsp finely chopped carrot
4 lg. egg whites
1 lg. whole egg
½ tsp. Mrs. Dash seasoning (get some!)
1 wedge laughing cow light cheese ( I used 1/8 tsp. light cheddar cheese instead to reduce my cal.)
2 tbsp. fat free refried beans
Directions:
1 Lightly coat small pan with evoo



2 Heat pan and add broccoli, onion, and carrot. Cook for about 2 mins until tender but still bright.


3 While veggies are cooking whip the eggs until foamy and light; add Mrs. Dash. Pour the eggs over veggie mix and cook until eggs are set. About 2 mins.


4 Spread beans over half of omelet, sprinkle with cheese. Fold the omelet in half and let cook for 2 mins longer.


If using 1/8 light cheese =211 calories, laughing cow= 226 calories
I paired mine with half an orange and a hot cup of pomegranate raspberry tea. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment